• Working communities who are not fearful to unionize and consult with management.
• A living wage for each worker.
• Schools, clinics, dispensaries built as a result of the democratically decided use of the Fairtrade premium.
• Pension schemes that allow workers to leave the estates post retirement.
• Microfinance schemes set up for the workers from the fairtrade premium.
• Minimum levels of housing for all estate workers.
Fairtrade gives farmers the ability to plan ahead knowing the price they will receive will take care of their families. Built into the Fairtrade system is a rule of buyers committing to the co-op for at least 3 harvests into the future and putting price estimates on those plans. This gives the farmers renewed abilities to grow their businesses. For more on the history of tea and the Fairtrade benefits CLICK HERE
English Tea Shop Fairtrade Organic Earl Grey tea - 20 sachet tea bags. It is...
Organic Green Tea with Pomegranate and Rose Petals. The finest Ceylon and Chinese green tea...
Organic Rooibos Herbal Tea. Naturally flavoursome and caffeine-free, organic South African rooibos tea with a...