600 tagged Scarborough Fair Fairtrade tea bags from the high hill country of Ceylon or Sri Lanka as it is known today. The hills of the Nuwara Eliya district is where the best tea is grown in the country.
Scarborough Fair have a commitment to bringing quality Fair Trade-certified products to the mainstream market, at mainstream prices.
Fair Trade Tea benefits
• Working communities who are not fearful to unionise and consult with management.
• A living wage for each worker.
• Schools, clinics, dispensaries built as a result of the democratically decided use of the Fairtrade premium.
• Pension schemes that allow workers to leave the estates post retirement.
• Microfinance schemes set up for the workers from the fairtrade premium.
• Minimum levels of housing for all estate workers.
Fairtrade gives farmers the ability to plan ahead knowing the price they will receive will take care of their families. Built into the Fairtrade system is a rule of buyers committing to the co-op for at least 3 harvests into the future and putting price estimates on those plans. This gives the farmers renewed abilities to grow their businesses. For more on the history of tea and the Fairtrade benefits CLICK HERE
Zoetic Fairtrade and Organic Chamomile tea - 25 tagged tea bags. Chamomile is one of the world's...
Zoetic Fairtrade Organic Earl Grey tea - 25 tagged tea bags. Zoetic's Earl Grey is a premium...
Zoetic Fairtrade, organic English Breakfast tea - 25 tagged tea bags. Zoetic's English breakfast blend Contains teas from...